1. Job Vacancy
Aboricultural Officer at London Borough of Haringey
Directorate - Commercial & Operations
Business Unit - Commissioning & Client Service, Highways, Parking, Park & Open Spaces
Grade - Sc6 - SO1
Salary - £25,746 - £30,108
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated and confident person to join our busy team. Our aim is to provide a high quality tree service to our residents, managing trees across the borough responsibly and effectively, promoting their importance and encouraging good practice.
The main duties of the post include surveying the borough’s tree stock, commissioning work and providing professional advice to both internal clients and the public. The starting grade will be subject to experience and qualifications.
You will have a recognised qualification in arboriculture and an excellent working knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations relating to trees. You will have good communication and people skills, as well as the ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy. You will have experience of working in a similar arboricultural post in a local authority and be able to manage your own workload efficiently.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th August 2018
2. Job Vacancy
Horticulture Apprenticeship at Haringey Council
£14,101.80 per annum (£235.54 per week for the first 6 months & £306.84 thereafter, subject to probation
Temporary up to 24 months or upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Haringey Council are offering you a great opportunity to work with our award winning Haringey Parks Service as an Apprentice Gardeners. Twenty-two of our parks and green open spaces have been awarded the prestigious Green Flag – an award recognising excellent standards and management practices. We are looking for three enthusiastic and motivated apprentices, to learn and work with us delivering quality Services.
Duties will include all forms of Horticultural work:
- Grass cutting and lawn care
- Planting and maintenance of flower and shrub beds
- Soil cultivation, weed control and hedge cutting
- Sports pitch line marking
- Nature conservation work and all other aspects of general grounds maintenance, and much more
- You will have GCSEs in English and Math (grade C or above or equivalent)
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic.
- Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach where you will be required to build good relationships not only within your team.
- You will be required to attend Horticulture job training a local college.
If shortlisted you may be required to attend an assessment day with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.